This has become a favorite on Saturday mornings at our house! Sinful!
Level of Difficulty: Medium
Time Frame: 45-55 minutes
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons butter, melted
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
4 cups sliced strawberries, blueberries, or mixed berries
Place the eggs, milk, water, melted butter, flour, and salt in the pitcher of a blender; blend until smooth.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 2 tablespoons for each crepe. Tip and rotate pan to spread batter as thinly as possible. Flip over when the batter is set and the edges are beginning to brown. Cook until the other side begins to brown. Stack finished crepes on a plate, cover with a damp towel and set aside.
Blend the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Gently fold in the whipped cream.
To serve, fill each crepe with a spoonful of berries and the cream cheese filling, roll up. Top with more cream cheese and berries, if you wish.
Makes approximately 6-8 small crepes.
Suggestions and Comments:
- Do not use Cool Whip or something gross like that. Whip your own heavy whipping cream for best results!
- We’ve used strawberries and blueberries. Honestly, I prefer the blueberries!
- To soften your cream cheese, place in microwave for 15 seconds, no more or it gets yucky.
- Real lemon juice (yes, from a lemon) tastes so much better than bottled lemon juice.
- I also use real vanilla, not imitation vanilla.
Source: All Recipes